- When we arrived at the hotel these photos were in our room. After making our reservation I was asked to email JPEG images of the family so we would feel at home on our arrival … nice touch.
- Beer and wine are served from 5-6 pm FREE . Down in the foyer it is hip-hoppin’ for an hour to kick off the evening. No limits, just drink as much as you fancy… nice touch.
- Dogs are especially welcomed at the Solamar Hotel and made to feel very special with their names outside the breakfast restaurant. Merle is one of 12 dogs staying at the Solamar at the moment. To ensure no allergies are ignited there are pet dedicated floors and dogs of all sizes can stay. One dog owner had six St Bernard dogs and requested adjoining rooms so there was enough bed space for her family. Dogs can stay FREE… nice touch.
- Pool parties are a regular occurrence over the summer months on Sundays. Guests are FREE… nice touch.
- Another welcoming guesture was this note in our room from our housekeeper…nice touch, Tina.
Location of the hotel
The hotel is in the heart of the Gaslamp quarter, surrounded by bars and restaurants and within walking distance of many of the attractions including the USS Midway Aircraft Museum, Seaport Village, Little Italy, Petco Park and more.
We paid $217 per night and thought it was good value.